Social Phobia Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» How Are You Feeling?
keeping fit.  running, walking, yoga...... EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Facebook Group For Social Phobia Ireland
keeping fit.  running, walking, yoga...... EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:14 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» any advice ?
keeping fit.  running, walking, yoga...... EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 am by padmasana

» Hello from a culshie living in Dublin!!!!!!
keeping fit.  running, walking, yoga...... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 am by padmasana

» keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......
keeping fit.  running, walking, yoga...... EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am by Guest

» Any plans for the summer/holiday etc.???
keeping fit.  running, walking, yoga...... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 am by Hello23

» your favourite novels/literature.
keeping fit.  running, walking, yoga...... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm by Guest

» St John's wort
keeping fit.  running, walking, yoga...... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Merry Christmas
keeping fit.  running, walking, yoga...... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am by Hello23

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 132 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:57 am

keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......

4 posters

Go down

keeping fit.  running, walking, yoga...... Empty keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......

Post by padmasana Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:56 am

decided to start a topic about keeping fit and the benefits of it Very Happy .

i really cant get over how great it feels after a run. last week i had a , lets say, shitty week, lol. that was my own doing tho. i was sitting around the house and doing nothing. this quickly deadened my mood. i decided to go for a run last week but because of the frame of mind i was in, i kept putting it off, - (anyone reconize this unhelpful behaviour??? ), the more i put it off, the worse i felt.

today i went for that run, a week overdue but i was determined to do it today. im back 45 mins from the run and i feel amazing.

- clear head ( no foggy thinking)
- happy mood
- refreshed
- optimistic
- feel on a high
- energetic

heres a link to a forum, people give their own thoughts about how they feel after a run. http://www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/runner-communities/beginners/feel-after-finished-run

i encourage anyone who is feeling down, no energy, defeated, anxious, etc etc to pick up running or even walking. even if ye feel ok, ye should consider picking it up. keeping fit is very important for your body and mind. also, after the 1st run, you feel the benefits cheers .

padmasana

Back to top Go down

keeping fit.  running, walking, yoga...... Empty Re: keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:39 pm

I want to walk - i really want to... But theres schoolkids everywhere and if somethings said ill either kill them or myself. I'm honestly afraid for my life. I need to go weigh myself soon but they have the town taken over and i look like complete shit - greasy hair, fat, spotty red face!! :-( INSPIRE ME!!!!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

https://www.facebook.com/ciunasbotharcailinbainne

Back to top Go down

keeping fit.  running, walking, yoga...... Empty Re: keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......

Post by padmasana Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:25 am

if u want to enjoy life u cant let unrealistic issues hold u back !!

or else, u can stay doing what ur doing and not be happy. u do have a choice.

im guessing u did nt practice the link i sent you ??

anyways, there is nothing wrong with you, no one is perfect and if some kid does say something to you, so what ??? is it gonna kill you ??
you have a bf, so what does that tell you ?? that what u think about urself is not true!

u gotta change ur thinking style about things hun and do that cbt i sent ya.

i apologise if this post seemed aggressive but u needed a kick up the bum, lol.

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:37 pm

padmasana wrote:if u want to enjoy life u cant let unrealistic issues hold u back !!

anyways, there is nothing wrong with you, no one is perfect and if some kid does say something to you, so what ??? is it gonna kill you ??
you have a bf, so what does that tell you ?? that what u think about urself is not true!

Its okay Johnny, i agree - i needed it! Never got round to practicing the link yet (I'm lazy...)
And i genuinely do think a comment from a kid could kill me! I have an alternative though! I'm downloading a workout DVD so i can walk indoors and have joined a site called myfitnesspal to stay motivated. Blogging about exercising - Hopefully it works!!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello23 Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:13 am

Yeah ive started running again im gonna do a few mini marathons this summer, last year i did a 10km race and i didnt find it too bad. Adrenaline got me through it!!
I think we should all try a marathon, its good fun.
And during break i go for power walks with a few people from work.

i havent smoked in a few days and i feel good.

Hello23

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:22 am

x_No_Oil_Painting_x wrote:
padmasana wrote:if u want to enjoy life u cant let unrealistic issues hold u back !!

Its okay Johnny, i agree - i needed it! Never got round to practicing the link yet (I'm lazy...)
And i genuinely do think a comment from a kid could kill me! I have an alternative though! I'm downloading a workout DVD so i can walk indoors and have joined a site called myfitnesspal to stay motivated. Blogging about exercising - Hopefully it works!!

the thing i found when it comes to ppl who have anxiety disorders is that the majority are lazy, lol. if ppl would just follow through on tasks they will be fine Smile .

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:25 am

Hello23 wrote:Yeah ive started running again im gonna do a few mini marathons this summer, last year i did a 10km race and i didnt find it too bad. Adrenaline got me through it!!
I think we should all try a marathon, its good fun.
And during break i go for power walks with a few people from work.

i havent smoked in a few days and i feel good.

it does sound like fun alright, and the smoking thingy is a bit of coincidence, i ve started to cut down on ciggs the past week, 1 cigg every 3 hrs, then nxt week it ll be 1 cigg every 4 hrs. i want to see if i can do it, im seen it as a challenge, lol. wheres the marathon on ??

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello23 Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:59 am

^ there's a few around Galway - Connemara, Loughrea, athenry and the Galway city race (i did this one last July). I'd say the Connemara one is tough though - more like cross country Very Happy

Then there's a Dublin one on in October - but its 25km, i doubt i'd finish it alive haha.

Hello23

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Ah yer both so good!!!
I'd do a marathon if it was just walking and i got people to do it with me! Womens Mini Marathon maybe?! Also, I've got off my ass and started doing Leslie Sansone DVD's. Its all indoor walking, nothing life threatening, so it suits me perfectly!
I'm currently on my 14th mile since starting - i wouldn't usually walk that in a year!
Listening to Slimpods too (10 minute CBT audios for weight loss with a handbook where you write 3 daily positives), and thinking of getting Fitpod (same thing but geared more towards getting you off your ass). Got the slimpods for free cos i volunteered to be a case study so cant complain!

Joined a site called myfitnesspal and downloaded the app - its handy 'cause people on it keep each other motivated - though a lot of them are ash-holes in the forums who think theyre better than everyone else !

And Johnny, I am actually very lazy - but forcing myself to do exercise now cos ive no excuse! And it really does improve your mood (unless you're a headachy vomiting mess like i was with tougher workouts!)...
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello23 Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:02 am

x_No_Oil_Painting_x wrote:Ah yer both so good!!!
I'd do a marathon if it was just walking and i got people to do it with me! Womens Mini Marathon maybe?! Also, I've got off my ass and started doing Leslie Sansone DVD's. Its all indoor walking, nothing life threatening, so it suits me perfectly!
I'm currently on my 14th mile since starting - i wouldn't usually walk that in a year!
Listening to Slimpods too (10 minute CBT audios for weight loss with a handbook where you write 3 daily positives), and thinking of getting Fitpod (same thing but geared more towards getting you off your ass). Got the slimpods for free cos i volunteered to be a case study so cant complain!

Joined a site called myfitnesspal and downloaded the app - its handy 'cause people on it keep each other motivated - though a lot of them are ash-holes in the forums who think theyre better than everyone else !

And Johnny, I am actually very lazy - but forcing myself to do exercise now cos ive no excuse! And it really does improve your mood (unless you're a headachy vomiting mess like i was with tougher workouts!)...

Wow, you really are getting yourself motivated, well done! It's always nice to see people get exercise - i think it does wonders for your mood. And it keeps everyone fit.

I went for a long walk yesterday - 4 miles actually. I did a bit of jogging, but didnt go overboard cause i hurt my ankle a few days ago. Then did lifted some weights (small weights i have, just to get me toned), and then some crunches. (Crunches are better than sit ups, because situps can strain your back muscles).

And i'm going doing the same thing today before i head to work.

EDIT: It's pissing rain outside, so think i'll abandon that walk idea for today! I'll just do my indoor exercises bounce

Hello23

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:38 am

I actually prefer going out in the rain - less schoolkids!! I never knew the difference between crunches and situps - thats bad... Razz Gonna do 4 miles myself today too (without leaving the house - God i love my exercise video!) I need to be more motivated - just keep having to force myself to get up - unlike you, you seem well motivated!!!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by shylouth Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:57 am

yeah im doing small bit of exercise now only realised how unfit i am sitting around doin nothing but the valium and xanax seem to make me want to exercise, which is strange cause there supposed to relax you but i find i want to get up and seize the day with em and iv lost all my unnesssacary paranoia....people generally dont pay any1 else attention out and about and there i was hiding away hermit style!!

deff mad for jogging now and i'v got a weight machine in my new apartment so ill probably build up on that and join a gym..

shylouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello23 Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:16 pm

shylouth wrote:yeah im doing small bit of exercise now only realised how unfit i am sitting around doin nothing but the valium and xanax seem to make me want to exercise, which is strange cause there supposed to relax you but i find i want to get up and seize the day with em and iv lost all my unnesssacary paranoia....people generally dont pay any1 else attention out and about and there i was hiding away hermit style!!

deff mad for jogging now and i'v got a weight machine in my new apartment so ill probably build up on that and join a gym..

Good to hear you're exercising, it makes you feel better. Ya small steps first - and then after a while you could try joining a gym, or something.

I hate exercising in front of people - i jog on the road, but the minute a car comes, i start walking, neighbours must think i'm odd lol.

I actually joined a gym yesterday, it took alot of courage to ask to join. But i want to start swimming, so i'm gonna go tomorrow. I chickened out today, but will go tomorrow. I just hope i don't meet anyone i know!!

Hello23

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Hello23 wrote:
shylouth wrote:yeah im doing small bit of exercise now only realised how unfit i am sitting around doin nothing but the valium and xanax seem to make me want to exercise, which is strange cause there supposed to relax you but i find i want to get up and seize the day with em and iv lost all my unnesssacary paranoia....people generally dont pay any1 else attention out and about and there i was hiding away hermit style!!

Good to hear you're exercising, it makes you feel better. Ya small steps first - and then after a while you could try joining a gym, or something.

I hate exercising in front of people - i jog on the road, but the minute a car comes, i start walking, neighbours must think i'm odd lol.

I actually joined a gym yesterday, it took alot of courage to ask to join. But i want to start swimming, so i'm gonna go tomorrow. I chickened out today, but will go tomorrow. I just hope i don't meet anyone i know!!

Haha I'm the very same. I refuse to run in public! If someones walking fast i hate it 'cos i won't run to catch up with them and they don't know i'm behind until they turn around. (if im embarrassed running im hardly gonna be confident to call someone who's half a mile ahead of me!) I have a reason though, i actually run like a penguin!! Embarassed (fact)
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by shylouth Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:33 am

yes the exercise is a must i just got a new apartmet and i have a weight machine so im going to use that before i join a gym....also used to be anxious bout jogging in public but sine iv started taking 2-3 valium xanax a day its not a problem and actually put you in the mood for a work out....im telling you guys anti-anxiety meds are the way to go, anxiety completly disappears and all it takes is 2 pills a day,
if you have something stressfully coming up like interview/social occasion take one beforehand and no anxiety
i ordered mine off the internet

shylouth

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:28 pm

I wouldn't trust stuff from the net. I'm on Effexor for my anxiety and it doesn't do AAANYTHING for me. Honestly, i may aswell be taking sugar cubes - all it does is give me withdrawal if im off it over 24 hours... :-/
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:22 pm

shylouth wrote:yes the exercise is a must i just got a new apartmet and i have a weight machine so im going to use that before i join a gym....also used to be anxious bout jogging in public but sine iv started taking 2-3 valium xanax a day its not a problem and actually put you in the mood for a work out....im telling you guys anti-anxiety meds are the way to go, anxiety completly disappears and all it takes is 2 pills a day,
if you have something stressfully coming up like interview/social occasion take one beforehand and no anxiety

actually i must disagree with you. meds are nt the way to go at all !!! all they do is keep u relaxed but they dont work on the issues. eventually the meds will stop working and you ll have to take higher dosage, and also you ll grow dependant on them. so on top of having anxiety problems, you ll be addicted to meds. may i asked who prescribed you the medication ??

look into doing some sort of counselling and learn to change ur thinking style about anxiety. educate urself on it, thats the best step in learning to control it. meds dont fix the issue, they just block it for a while, the problem will still be dere afterwards. i have posted lots of links on this forum, you could take a look at them .

btw, valium is addictive !

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:57 pm

padmasana wrote:
shylouth wrote:yes the exercise is a must i just got a new apartmet and i have a weight machine so im going to use that before i join a gym....also used to be anxious bout jogging in public but sine iv started taking 2-3 valium xanax a day its not a problem and actually put you in the mood for a work out....im telling you guys anti-anxiety meds are the way to go, anxiety completly disappears and all it takes is 2 pills a day,

actually i must disagree with you. meds are nt the way to go at all !!! all they do is keep u relaxed but they dont work on the issues. eventually the meds will stop working and you ll have to take higher dosage, and also you ll grow dependant on them. so on top of having anxiety problems, you ll be addicted to meds. may i asked who prescribed you the medication ??

look into doing some sort of counselling and learn to change ur thinking style about anxiety. educate urself on it, thats the best step in learning to control it. meds dont fix the issue, they just block it for a while, the problem will still be dere afterwards. i have posted lots of links on this forum, you could take a look at them .

I agree. From experience I've become dependent on meds and then they stop working. They keep upping the dosage but all it does is give me stronger side affects! CBT works if you put the effort in. Takes time though - like everything. Wish we could just be reborn!!

Johnny i actually am so proud of ya. The Johnny 2 years ago wasn't this positive when he was getting panic attacks!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:13 am

x_No_Oil_Painting_x wrote:
padmasana wrote:

I agree. From experience I've become dependent on meds and then they stop working. They keep upping the dosage but all it does is give me stronger side affects! CBT works if you put the effort in. Takes time though - like everything. Wish we could just be reborn!!

Johnny i actually am so proud of ya. The Johnny 2 years ago wasn't this positive when he was getting panic attacks!

ty char, that does mean a lot to me!! i just learned to think about it in a different way is all. panic attacks and anxiety are supposed to be helpful. so whats point been afraid ?? if u stay afraid, the fear makes it worse. in saying that, attacks are a scary experience but you know ur nt gonna die, have a heart attack, go crazy or anything else, they only last 10 - 15 mins and then its over, lol. when i start to feel my heart jumping out of my chest i just say to myself its just an attack, ur in no danger, my heart is beating fast because there is less oxygen going to my brain and my body is gearing up for fight or flight. i try not to react to it and concentrate on my breathing until its over. i know myself this anxiety is only temporary. i managed to get rid of it for a yr and a half, so i know i can do it again np and now i know exactly what is happening so makes it an awful lot easier to manage.

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by shylouth Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:33 am

I agree valium and xanax are addictive and the online one's are mostly fakes or not fully genuine but i'v paid top dollar for european actual doctors medication. I know about addiction as iv been addicted to them before, but i feel that i'v habituated and basically trained myself into being being shy/anxious and recluseive over the past 5 years. I'v learned this behaviour and its become my natural way of reacting to life situations.....
Whereas controlling my dosage of anti-anxiety over the past month has made me more outgoing and reacting positively to life situation. So my argument is to take the med for one year and learn to habituate and re-train myself into the rountine of reacting to life normally on a daily basis and get back to being used to being out going and then come off the meds..
I honestly feel this is achievable......last month i couldn't leave my house now i'v got my own place,daily exercise, ease of conversation with neighbours and people i meet, basically living day to day doing ordinary stuff like barbers,shopping,dentist, being in crowds with zero anxiety.
By next month i plan to have a fully daily routine with interaction with people and socialising ,maybe even get a girlfriend.

Don't get me wrong i know it's addictive and dependant but i believe i can totally transform my life from negative to positive with meds and C.BT
And then continue with out the meds.

shylouth

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:07 am

Well done Johnny. And yeah its just an attack - not gonna kill us - but as with all attacks it does make us feel like we're gonna die!

ShyLouth, good job on learning to control your dosage - thats really hard to do without the help of your doctor. I'm not gonna lie - i've upped my dosage of anti-anxiety and depended on painkillers to sleep/un-depress myself and its not pretty. I just ended up dependent. Hope its a reccomended dosage you're taking.

Personally, i really wouldnt reccomend taking ANYTHING without consulting the family GP, as addiction and dependancy can make anxiety 100x worse!

Thankfully i was on a very weak anti-depressant at the time so there was no real ham done (apart from dependancy the fact my doctors now wary of giving me meds.)[b]
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello23 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:55 pm

I havent ran in two weeks now, and i can already feel unfit. Although i have been swimming 3 times in last week, so it ain't too bad.

Won't be able to go out running this week cos i have a virus and i haven't the energy atm.

Hello23

Back to top Go down

Post by shylouth Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:34 am

i went for a run/walk/stop/pant walk/more little run then more panting yesterday Smile just realised how unfit i am. my calfs and anckles hurt abit today to theres a nice little walkway along the river cross the road from my new place so am gonna use tht for not and build back up some stamina.....couldn't believe the bad shape i got myself into sitting around doing nothing all day....
My new "mantra" is Forward Motion.....anyone ever try chanting something silently over and over....if started this recently and it really helps cause you can feel the thoughts trying to creep in and pull your attention towards something else but then the chanting just brings you back if you keep repeating it to yourself

shylouth

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:31 am

@Hello23:
Yoou can swim - you're one of the lucky people!!! And i know what you mean; back when i was working out regularly it felt weird going without for too long!!

@shylouth:
Haha im sooo unfit too.
Started Couch to 5k a few days ago and damaged my calves.
Theyre only just starting to get better today.

Thinking of getting a book on weight lifting for women (NOT bulking up), since cardio seems to be trying to kill me!! :-/

Eh my mantra is "Run, Fat Bitch, RUUUUUN!!!" Not the best one but i cant think of anything nice to say!!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am

I took up running and swimming this summer and it does feel good, apart from crappy knees due to weak leg muscles. When I feel stress I crave going for a run as I know it helps me and it just releases an amount of negative energy ....that or I just feel so pooped after I don't have the energy to be negative.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum