Social Phobia Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» How Are You Feeling?
Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Facebook Group For Social Phobia Ireland
Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:14 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» any advice ?
Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 am by padmasana

» Hello from a culshie living in Dublin!!!!!!
Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 am by padmasana

» keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......
Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am by Guest

» Any plans for the summer/holiday etc.???
Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 am by Hello23

» your favourite novels/literature.
Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm by Guest

» St John's wort
Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Merry Christmas
Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am by Hello23

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 132 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:57 am

Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater?

+4
david.b
bobsmall
Dub16
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 Empty Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater?

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:29 am

First topic message reminder :

I applied for it this morning after having it reccommended by a rake of people!
Its usually a long enough waiting list - about 5 monhs I'm told.
But like, I'm 21 - suffered through my childhood and teens.
I want to actually enjoy my 20's.
I'm nervous now... Hoping I'll be able to get a place on it.

Has anyone else thought about doing this?
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

https://www.facebook.com/ciunasbotharcailinbainne

Back to top Go down

Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater?

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:22 am

Me too!! :-/

Do you have Gillian Butlers book?
I just ordered it!!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater?

Post by Ciaran Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:35 am

Just googled it there,sounds pretty good and it cant do any harm to read it I spose,might order it too,Amazon are doing it for 7 quid so may aswell!
Ciaran
Ciaran

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:40 am

7, thats not feckin' bad!!
I'm gettin' it from O'Mahony's for 11 euro.
Only problem is my mates bf (who i think kinna hates me), will see the order cos he works there!
Ah sure its not like she'll judge me if he mentions it..
Def get it - i hear its great!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:58 am

CiarĂ¡n - the course is still running!
I just heard back from 'em.
Had to fill out the survey.
Theyve started up a second group too so it'll go quicker.
There's 80 people on the waiting list!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:56 am

2 groups of 9 people max each. 80 people on waiting list. Course lasts 14 weeks. Doesn't sound too good! That's well over a year!

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:59 am

EEEK!!

But there's screening too and some people who dont have sa wont get it.
People could cancel too...

How long would ya say we'll be waitin'?
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:09 am

You're right! I was being very pessimistic. Someone else mentioned 5 months (someone who's done it, I think). I'm waiting 4 months already, and I haven't heard from them since, and you're supposed to hear from them a few weeks beforehand. Ciaran says he applied Sept/Oct and hasn't heard from them either. So that's at least 7 months. Still doesn't sound too good. But it sounds better !!! :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:43 am

Ah we should be okay - at least we can live with the comfort of knowing it'll be worth the wait!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by shyguy Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:51 am

x_No_Oil_Painting_x wrote:

I've heard you can't cure SA but you can improve. I just wanna get outta hell and seem remotely confident.
How long were you waiting to start? I emailed them yesterday but havent heard anything back yet.. confused
Ill definitely go through with it anyway!
What kind of stuff did it focus on?
Anything to do with eye contact?

Sorry I vanished Anyone done/thinking about doing the Social Anxiey programme in the Mater? - Page 2 Icon_redface

Looking back at my emails I was waiting around 7 months from applying to starting.

The course focused on stuff like why you get anxious, what happens when you get anxious, what you do to make it worse and how to change that, how you think about things, what you believe about yourself, conversation skills etc. You also have to do a video of yourself roleplaying a situation where you're anxious, it's scary but totally worth it so don't let that put you off. Eye contact does come up a bit, most people in my group mentioned it as a problem for them so it was talked about a good bit.
shyguy
shyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciaran Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:30 am

I'm starting this on Thursday,did anybody else get a place on it?
Ciaran
Ciaran

Back to top Go down

Post by david.b Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:43 am

I desperately need to and wish i could but traveling to Dublin every week would be just too awkward. I wish there was one in Galway or nearer Crying or Very sad does anyone know if there is any other one nearer to co. galway? I already contacted social anxiety Ireland and they said they weren't planning any Sad maybe there is someone i could contact that could make it happen. anyone know?
david.b
david.b
God

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:41 am

I applied back in March. Still havent heard from em... Sad
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciaran Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:15 am

Doing it at the moment and its great,its a big help to just be in a room with 8 other people who are going through the same things as yourself and being able to talk about it.Everybody is really nice too.

Week 3 is tomorrow but I'm going to London in the morn for my B-day so will miss it,looking forward to week 4!
Ciaran
Ciaran

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Ciaran wrote:Doing it at the moment and its great,its a big help to just be in a room with 8 other people who are going through the same things as yourself and being able to talk about it.Everybody is really nice too.

Week 3 is tomorrow but I'm going to London in the morn for my B-day so will miss it,looking forward to week 4!

Oooh sounds pretty good - i'm jealous of you!!
I'd love to know where i am in the waiting list.
Let me know how ya get on!! Smile
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSARecovery Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:34 pm

I done it cant recomment it highly enough! Its that good!!!
TheSARecovery
TheSARecovery

Back to top Go down

Post by david.b Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:48 am

I would only the traveling to Dublin if only there was one in galway or nearer to it i would love to do it!!
david.b
david.b
God

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSARecovery Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:52 am

I know the drive up is not so bad its coming home that takes ages, ya get used to it tho as its only once a week!
TheSARecovery
TheSARecovery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2