Social Phobia Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» How Are You Feeling?
Blushing - my plague! EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Facebook Group For Social Phobia Ireland
Blushing - my plague! EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:14 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» any advice ?
Blushing - my plague! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 am by padmasana

» Hello from a culshie living in Dublin!!!!!!
Blushing - my plague! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 am by padmasana

» keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......
Blushing - my plague! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am by Guest

» Any plans for the summer/holiday etc.???
Blushing - my plague! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 am by Hello23

» your favourite novels/literature.
Blushing - my plague! EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm by Guest

» St John's wort
Blushing - my plague! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Merry Christmas
Blushing - my plague! EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am by Hello23

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 132 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:57 am

Blushing - my plague!

5 posters

Go down

Blushing - my plague! Empty Blushing - my plague!

Post by jan Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:26 am

I am plagued with social blushing. I blush infront of everyone and anyone and for the silliest of reasons! It is completely uncontrolable and i have never found a way to hide it when it happens. Possibly the most embarassing part of SA for me and it means that I do my utmost to avoid situations where it will happen therefore hindering moving forward with many aspects of my life!

Anyone else? Smile
jan
jan

Back to top Go down

Blushing - my plague! Empty Re: Blushing - my plague!

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:14 am

Yuuup - me too!!
I find it impossible to go out without makeup cause i know ill go red at some stage - I HATE IT!!!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

https://www.facebook.com/ciunasbotharcailinbainne

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:23 am

sunglasses are my thing...i know im going red but i dont think i go as purple if ive sunglasses on even thoughh they are only covering my eyes lol. oh man....roll on summer!! Smile
jan
jan

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 am

Heck yeh!...... ill be painting my face white....... Sunglasses must make ya feel safer actually - somethin' to hide behind - beats rushing to a bathroom til it goes away!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:44 am

in winter its a scarf, hold it up around the face and pretend to cough....its ridiculous the legnths we go to eh? a friend who was trying to help told me it makes it more obvious when i react to the blushing but im screwed of im gonna stand there purple, sweating and shaking. lol, at least I laugh about it when its not happening....
jan
jan

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:54 am

Im not able ta laugh about it so yer lucky!! Yeh i do the scarf thing too!!
Or green concealer under my makeup to stop my face lookin' white - oh the joys of having a beautician as a sister!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:05 am

lol, the joys of being one...i have learned a few tricks over the years!! to be honest i think i only laugh at the patheticness of it rather thanm get amused but it helps to take some of the stigma away. the thing is i know i can lessen it as it used to be much worse but I just need to locate my sense of logic....soon hopefully! it was actually grand for over a year and suddenly just got so much worse over the last 6 months and it then has a spiral effect where my confidence goes to shit! vicious circle eh? in a selfish way its nice to talk to someone who also suffers from it as i know noone else who does!
jan
jan

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:16 am

Thats cool!
I have suffered all my bloody life!!!
Think it started when i was a kid - every guy i was friends with my family would tease me about having a boyfriend - then id go scarlet and say i hated him - no wonder the guy who kissed me when we were like 6 is gay now....
Blushings horrible though... I dread going to a gym cos i go red when excercising too - do you ever get that?
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:27 am

erm.....well i now actually work in a gym and the blushing is not a result of excercising (thats for sure) but one of the gyus i work with is a loud mouth and takes every opportunity to embarass me infront of members....it is genuinly the most horrible feelin Blushing - my plague! Icon_redface g ever!!! the rest of the girls love it cos they are all really girly flirty girls but i just cannot handle those situations in work!!
jan
jan

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:45 am

Yeh i know whatcha mean - i was the same when i used to work in a factory. These two guys used to always embarrass - me, and although it was hilarious i didnt know how to react - i used to have to brace myself before walkin' past em!!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:54 am

exactly, this dude means no harm whatsoever he is just used to being around girls who love that kind of attention and when he is not embarassing me we get on like a house on fire! sometimes i handle it really well and am proud of myself but then i have certain trigger people who if i blush around them once then i am certain it will happen every time. it mostly happens with blokes, certain women sometimes too and of course your usual nerve racking situations like presentations and that but thats not every day so it doesnt bother me. i hate it most when i meet someone on the street who i kinda know and would like to get to know better just as a mate like or people i used to be friendly with, and i just flare up...it hinders me alot sometimes. then other times it doesnt happen at all....it just makes me feel like a crazy! and im very outgoing but as soon as i feel someone getting to know me i just cant handle it!

what do you do now, college or work? do you feel like this holds you back alot in things you want to do in life?
jan
jan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 am

I actually like it when I'm red when exercising: at least it looks like I'm red from exertion, not from blushing! I feel more confident then. I also feel more confident when I'm slightly sunburnt on my face during the summer for the same reason. Like this if anyone says to me that my face is red, I can say it's the sun, even if it isn't. I might be even redder (sun+blush, or exertion+blush), but I'd rather not check that one out ... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:13 am

Ah yeh - ive trigger people too -
like back in school there were certain people who constantly made me laugh with the way they went on - but they'd always sit near me when they were messing... and for some insane reason i couldnt help but blush in front of this one guy- cos everytime you saw him you knew he was about to do or say something hilarious. Strange!

Oh presentations - did a barwork course once and had to do a cocktail demonstration - i went so red people actually thought i was gonna cry!

SA in general holds me back from EVERYTHING!!!
I havent worked in two years 'cause im afraid of interviews and am very fussy about what kind of work i do! I once lasted a day in my second and last job because i couldnt handle the bitch i worked for abusing me and insulting me in front of customers - always wanted to sing too but id never be able to go on stage without blushing!!

Is it holding you back from a lot?

Catherine? Is it normal to be red from exertion?
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:35 am

Well, I don't know if it is. Is it not? It just makes me feel more confident to believe it. So please, don't tell me I'm deluded! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:36 am

Yes SA holds me back from A LOT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leah Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:49 am

Haha everything ye have said just sounds like my life on a daily basis.. Iv tried the green base primer from few different brands best one I think is Clinque. God knows if it works because I still go red every second of the day!! Ya SA holds people back from a lot, I only work during the summer and its a tourist job so its really hands on and very customer based so if I had a euro for every time I went red I could buy out the industry and not work in it haha.. College is prob the worst for me at the moment, I always go so red in lectures halls the minute someone asks me the simplest of questions like "oh did you go out last night".. Its horrible going somewhere on a daily basis and dreading it, don't think Iv ever had a day of looking forward to college which sucks as it's suppose to be those years you really enjoy!!

Leah

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:40 am

Dont worry when exercising it is totally normal to go red, you should be going red and sweating to be doing a good workout.
I am also a blusher! Hate it as Catherine said I am more at ease if Ive gone red from exercise at least its explained. Its at work that its a killler, especially at lunch sitting around a table that I dread. Hate being asked questions, or for the attention to be on me for any longer than a few seconds.
Im going to therapy at the moment, really good getting things off my chest but no improvement as of yet with the blushing!! Blushing - my plague! Icon_cry
Its really disheartening going through forums and not seeing one person who has the magic solution or cure! Have done the cbt course with odhran which was good but have just gone back to my old ways now, really dominates my life!

Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:42 am

hi ya hugo welcome to the site Blushing - my plague! 415525

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:43 am

Blushing - my plague! Icon_smile Thank you! Will be good to talk to similar folk!

Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum