Social Phobia Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» How Are You Feeling?
Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble... EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Facebook Group For Social Phobia Ireland
Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble... EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:14 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» any advice ?
Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble... EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 am by padmasana

» Hello from a culshie living in Dublin!!!!!!
Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 am by padmasana

» keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......
Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble... EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am by Guest

» Any plans for the summer/holiday etc.???
Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 am by Hello23

» your favourite novels/literature.
Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm by Guest

» St John's wort
Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Merry Christmas
Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am by Hello23

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 132 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:57 am

Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble...

3 posters

Go down

Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble... Empty Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble...

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:42 am

I probably sound like a right psycho here but im gonna risk it cos i need help!!!

Okay so i finally sorted out therapy.
I was told nothing leaves the room unless the person/others are in danger or if there's law related stuff involved.
But things have happened me that i believe have affected my life:

Apparently this counts as sexual abuse. I know they notify people of statutory rape and probably actual rape, to avoid others being in danger. (he's been with his gf years now - so doubt anyones in danger.).. But i dont know if they'd tell the guards or anyone about this...

Was with a guy when I was really young.
We were both 16 i think...
I was mad about him (you know the way when you're that age its so easy to think you're in love).
He wasn't completely terrible - like he did treat me fairly well (though thats only in comparison to other guys ive been with so doesnt say much),
but for the whole year and a half we were together, he'd try to force me to do things i REALLY wasnt comfortable with or ready to do.
He'd argue with me for hours when i refused, til i was in tears, and made sure he got his own way.
He'd also send his friends out of the room for a minute while he did stuff/got me to do stuff.
I always begged him not to tell anyone cos i was ashamed and felt really dirty, as if i was in the wrong.
But it was obvious that sending them out of the room was his subtle way of bragging to them.
Actually he took every opportunity to make people aware of the fact we had done stuff, (our ****ing parents included - arsehole!) and made out as if i loved it - when it was actually destroying me.
He once took out his little sisters raincoat and used it as contraception when he forced himself on me. I wasn't long pushing him off - that was just too far....sick like!
He didnt care about how i felt as long as he got what he wanted.
I remember i was going on a school trip for 5 days, and he made me promise to lose my virginity to him when i got back.
I left him as soon as i got back btw.
A few years later i was in a bar with an girl, who was an ex of his, who was my friend at the time. She told me that while he was having sex with her he said "Why didn't i lose my virginity to you instead of Charlene?"
That was the last straw, i darted out of the bar, picked up a rock and made my way towards his house. It was miles away but i didnt care - i was gonna smash his window!
My friend and her boyfriend actually had to grab me and throw me into a cab.
He lied to everyone, about something that big, even though i blatantly refused to give in throughout our whole relationship.

I also have thoughts about killing people... brutally, on a regular basis. Though these are people who hurt be by insulting or bullying me. I've visualised pushing my housemate down the stairs while she was giving out to me. I'm terrified that telling the psychologist this, could result in me being put into a mental hospital. It seems likely. Does anyone know anything about these things in Ireland?
All i fucking want is help, not the drama of having to deal with him again or having to ring my mother and surprise her by telling her that her daughters in a mental hospital! Sad

I thought you could tell a therapist anything - but im bloody scared now!! Sad
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

https://www.facebook.com/ciunasbotharcailinbainne

Back to top Go down

Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble... Empty Re: Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble...

Post by Dub16 Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:59 am

Nothing will come of your talk with the therapist. Nobody will get in trouble and life will carry on as normal.

BUT, having read that piece in the quote, well thats not fcuking normal nor acceptable. FFS, what sort of a sick arse-hole would do that???

Sorry Char. Its only when i read stuff like that, that I begin to realise half the crap that some people have to go through. You could have pressed charges and had that scumbag done for.
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble... Empty Re: Worried that what I say to my psychologist could get me in trouble...

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:09 pm

Hopefully no drama will arise...
Its the last thing i need.

Yeah I COULD have pressed charges,
but I'd probably have had my life made hell (well, moreso than it was...)..

Then theres the fact my uncle married his adoptive cousin and the fact other people wouldve been too upset...
It wouldve been too much. Terrified of tellin the psychologist incase they try contact him.
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:15 pm

the psychologist wont do anything of the sort. It would have to be an extraordinary case for them to go outside the room and bring police into the equation.

You need to worry less about stuff like that and focus on getting better.

Just tell the psychologist the truth. Dont leave stuff out. The last thing that they want is more paper-work on their desks, they wont go near the cops unless you ask them to.
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:18 pm

I s'ppose yeah - terrified tho... and the whole wanting to kill people...
Thats how my friend ended up in a psych unit!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Irrational thoughts and depression.

Go hand in hand like tennis rackets and tennis balls.

relax. you'll be ok hun!
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:39 pm

OMG THATS FECKIN' WEIRD!!!! :O

I just mentioned a tennis ball in the post i wrote seconds before reading this.. affraid

But lets hope ill be okay!!!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:40 pm

haha, bleddy tennis balls, Is wimbledon starting early that its on our minds or somethin? Smile
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Not that i know of anyway!!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Right, I'll serve, if any of yee are up fer doubles! PS, wheres eejit-face? We've a few online now, chatroom would have been good for the craic
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Im crap at tennis!!! :-/
D'nno where eejit-face is actually - not like him ta be offline for so long!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciaran Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Jesus,I've been having the same thoughts over the past few days,I've done a good bit of violent stuff in the past that I feel ridiculously guilty about and want to bring it up during counselling next week but am not sure what my therapist will do with it.

It's nothing sexual or anything like that but its pretty bad all the same and I know people that have gone to jail for waay less like,also worried that even if he doesnt go to the gards with it,that he'll think I'm complete and utter scumbag and joke of a human being.

And btw Charlene,sorry to read about what you went through,hopefully the prick who put you through it will be struck down by some horrifically,painful incurable disease.
Ciaran
Ciaran

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:04 pm

Ciaran - you're officially my twin!
The past few weeks have been pretty much the exact same for both of us.
I'm not sure what to do.
I'm gonna just tell 'em I'm there to change and thats it!

Would you think you're a threat to anyone at the mo'?
I'm scared they'll think i am but i know im just as danerous as every other person - just over stupider things!

Doctors arent supposed to judge you - and if they are, thats bad practice - theyre supposed to listen.

Hopefully that guy gets whats coming to him - I've been hoping people would realise what he's really like for the last 7 or so years!!
If they want to contact him though, I'm faking my own death!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciaran Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Haha yeah we're therapy buddies!

Well,I dont think I'm a threat to anyone anymore,those days are over like,and I know doc's arent supposed to judge you,but you never know how somebody new will perceive what you are sayin to them,even if they are trained psychologists,but then again that could be just another irrational fear of mine.

I'd doubt that your therapist will try to contact that dickhead against you're wishes,but if he does and he gives ya any trouble at all,I can mobilise a lot of dodgy lads from clondalkin who'd only be too happy to teach him a lesson!
Ciaran
Ciaran

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Therapy buddies eh?
How funny would it be if we got into the same Mater group?!

I completely get what you're saying.
Like you can say one thing but they'll think you mean something else!
Thats what i dread most actually.
Then again - maybe we're both bein' irrational!

Im gonna beg the psychologist not to contact him - the dude ruined my life - thats how the depression started when i was 16!
But thanks- ill keep you in mind if they do involve him! Smile

What day you starting therapy?
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciaran Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Jaysus,it would be pretty mad if we both got into the same Mater thingy,would be kinda cool to semi know somebody in the group tho!

I've to go see my new therapist on Wednesday for the very first time,terribly nervous about it and really hoping that it goes well and that he's sound,and not some 85 year old stuffy shrink dude!
Ciaran
Ciaran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:29 am

Nothing leaves the room. I think the only time a psychotherapist will get outside help is if s/he feels that you're in serious danger of committing suicide or killing someone, and I think it would be with your agreement anyway. Most people (I think) have felt like killing someone, but few act on it. Fantasizing about doing it is a long way from actually doing it (even though it might not feel like it at the time). I've told countless therapists things that could have sent a lot of people to jail for a long time. So I don't believe that law related stuff can leave the room. Actually I was terrified to see a therapist for that reason until I was told by a lawyer that that just doesn't happen. They need your consent if it's to leave the room. Criminals go to therapists, criminal go to lawyers, doctors, priests, etc. Confidentiality is confidentiality.

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:14 am

Ah hope all goes well for ya Ciaran!
Let me know how ya got on.
(email me cos this site wont work on me phone)
I still havent heard back from the place im goin to.
Itll be two weeks til i do! Sad

Ah thanks catherine - kinda have piece of mind now!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down