Social Phobia Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» How Are You Feeling?
Efexor EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Facebook Group For Social Phobia Ireland
Efexor EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:14 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» any advice ?
Efexor EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 am by padmasana

» Hello from a culshie living in Dublin!!!!!!
Efexor EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 am by padmasana

» keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......
Efexor EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am by Guest

» Any plans for the summer/holiday etc.???
Efexor EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 am by Hello23

» your favourite novels/literature.
Efexor EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm by Guest

» St John's wort
Efexor EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Merry Christmas
Efexor EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am by Hello23

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 132 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:57 am

Efexor

2 posters

Go down

Efexor Empty Efexor

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:47 pm

im currently trying efexor which my doctor prescribed,its more for depression than SA but depression can be part of the package with SA.i dont notice any change as yet.i was on lexapro for 4 months before that which didnt seem to help with my mood or SA.but all we can do is keep trying.if any1 every needs a chat feel free.

Back to top Go down

Efexor Empty Re: Efexor

Post by shelley Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:15 am

Being feeling a bit more anxious lately which doesn't help SA. Doc prescribed me inderal and it seems to be working. Not sure if its in my head or not. Gotta chill out!
shelley
shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:30 am

hi ya shelley im glad it inderal seems to be working for you, just to let yous know efexor didnt work for me. ive tried alot of medications over the years and none of them has worked.always when u start taking something new,it gives ya a boost because you think and hope that this is going to work.
im currently trying 5-htp.
let me know how you get on with inderal, id be very interested

Back to top Go down

Post by shelley Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:03 am

I know what you mean but it seems to be relaxing my body and my heart isn't pounding so fast. Sometimes when I'm anxious I feel my heart is going to pop out of my body and run away. Ithe doc said that its good for situations but probably not something you'd take to cope for the entire day. Anyway, I'll keep ye updated.
shelley
shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:11 am

How's the Inderal working for you Shelley? I was on it for presentations in college and it worked great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:15 am

Robbie wrote:im currently trying efexor which my doctor prescribed,its more for depression than SA but depression can be part of the package with SA.i dont notice any change as yet.i was on lexapro for 4 months before that which didnt seem to help with my mood or SA.but all we can do is keep trying.if any1 every needs a chat feel free.

Has efexor worked well for you? I was on Zispin (Mirtazapine) for 2 months, it was good, but only lifted my mood a bit because they left me on a low dose for too long (15mg), and it made me very drowsy in the morning. I've just started Lustral (Sertraline, 50mg) today so its not meant to make me drowsy. This one works for social anxiety and depression.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:00 pm

Hello ,

efoxor for me did not work, i was on it for about 4 months and each month the doctor would put the dosage up, same with lexapro, about 4 months again each month upping the dose, out off lexapro and efexor id prefer lexapro because i did a nice clear head for about a week. but didnt last.
coming off efexor was pretty nasty from the high dosage.if i was to look at it when i was on the medication and when im off it, i think my head is clearer when off it.but thats just my experience
lexapro is supposed to be very good, 1 of the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by shelley Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:39 am

Hey Hello22,

How's it going?

Inderal is working really well or else its in my head. I'm only taking it when I really need it. I dont really take it at the weekends cos Im drinking. I'm much more relaxed and I can make a cup of tea in the canteen without spilling it everywhere which is a big plus.
I was on lustral and prozac in my early 20's and they didn't work for me.

shelley
shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:43 am

glad its working for you michelle i might have to try that 1 see how it works ok

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:22 pm

shelley wrote:Hey Hello22,

How's it going?

Inderal is working really well or else its in my head. I'm only taking it when I really need it. I dont really take it at the weekends cos Im drinking. I'm much more relaxed and I can make a cup of tea in the canteen without spilling it everywhere which is a big plus.
I was on lustral and prozac in my early 20's and they didn't work for me.

Glad to hear it's working for you shelley.

Are you taking inderal everyday? It works well for physiological effects i.e shaking/ difficulty breathing, but unfortunately my problem is also psychological Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by david.b Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:34 am

i took them for about 2 years, never really helped me a whole lot. I remember getting off I had some really bad withdrawal symptoms
david.b
david.b
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:41 pm

all these medications are only a crutch and not a cure, but if they can make us feel somewhat better its great, id say my problem is psychological aswell, its the way i think about things, like the thoughts just happen automatically, i feel the panic starting and i blush and makes me feel like shit then, cause u feel like you are worthless in there company, i know "crazy shit" huh. but thats how it is.i dont know if any off yous can relate to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum