Social Phobia Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» How Are You Feeling?
the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Facebook Group For Social Phobia Ireland
the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:14 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» any advice ?
the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 am by padmasana

» Hello from a culshie living in Dublin!!!!!!
the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 am by padmasana

» keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......
the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am by Guest

» Any plans for the summer/holiday etc.???
the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 am by Hello23

» your favourite novels/literature.
the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm by Guest

» St John's wort
the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Merry Christmas
the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am by Hello23

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 132 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:57 am

the "what makes you happy" thread ??

+5
shelley
jan
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
Dub16
padmasana
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 Empty the "what makes you happy" thread ??

Post by padmasana Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

the name of the thread explains it all, basically just say what makes you happy or puts you in a good mood the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

padmasana

Back to top Go down

the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: the "what makes you happy" thread ??

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Yeah i'm guessing ya moved house?!
Janette, you'd hate my kitchen!!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

https://www.facebook.com/ciunasbotharcailinbainne

Back to top Go down

the "what makes you happy" thread  ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: the "what makes you happy" thread ??

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:48 am

Speaking up for yourself in a way that doesn't hurt the other person feelings but makes them stop hurting you even if that wasn't their intention!

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:58 am

x_No_Oil_Painting_x wrote:Yeah i'm guessing ya moved house?!
Janette, you'd hate my kitchen!!

ah right. you would be correct with that assumption but what i ment was, free from the misery i was in, this time last year, i was basically a prisoner in my own body and did not have any control over it. atm im 100x better and im in control. i now have the knowledge/tools to work on my self esteem and assertivness issues which contributed to the anxiety problem in the 1st place. changing my thinking was the key, then i done CBT which really helped and now i use the techniques i learned in that CBT course on a daily basis.

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:00 am

congrats on been assertive J. i know myself it can be extremely hard to do, so well done Cool .

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:07 am

^^ thanks, I know he doesn't mean what he says but when negativity comes over and over it gets reinforced and I don't need that.

And well done you - I wish I could keep CBT up but when I do it myself with no one to push me it is so easy to just stop. So go you!

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:51 am

yes i know. thats the worst part to doing it. im extremely lazy when it comes to doing certain things but if i have a goal i want to achieve it, i kinda force myself to do it. i just keep reminding myself that i wanna be confident, happy etc etc and i know i can do it now.

i hope you try stick at the cbt, it really does work but u have to be consistant. your learning to think in a different way and unlearning your unhelpful thinking styles. theres no gimmicks, no magic cures. just gotta learn how to think more logically, question every negative thought you get and soon you ll see a change Smile .

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:58 am

I was asked to go out with some of the girls in college, they are in general nursing but I get on with them really well so am happy to have been thought of!

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:03 pm

Good job with the CBT Johnny. I'm proud of ya!! I sholdve put more work in during the Mater course. Its kinda hilarious that im too lazy to think!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 am

Me making plans and people agree to them!

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:59 am

x_No_Oil_Painting_x wrote:Good job with the CBT Johnny. I'm proud of ya!! I sholdve put more work in during the Mater course. Its kinda hilarious that im too lazy to think!

haha, too lazy to think scratch , its your thinking thats gettin you into trouble sure, lol. if you keep practicing the homework, it ll become 2nd nature to you and you ll be doing it automatically. is it not worth the effort?? change your thinking style > change your mood. im not sure about you but i much prefer not feeling afraid/anxious/down/confused santa

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:03 pm

padmasana wrote:
haha, too lazy to think scratch , its your thinking thats gettin you into trouble sure, lol. if you keep practicing the homework, it ll become 2nd nature to you and you ll be doing it automatically. is it not worth the effort?? change your thinking style > change your mood. im not sure about you but i much prefer not feeling afraid/anxious/down/confused santa

I know, I know. But teaching myself to think differently involves effort. Still tho' - seems like a great option for BDD. Dont like that i always want to die or make myself sick when ive put on a fraction of a pound! Anxiety - i can just about cope with, but the way i look is whats making me so anxious so i really should work on that first! Did you use any books or anything?
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:28 am

x_No_Oil_Painting_x wrote:
padmasana wrote:

I know, I know. But teaching myself to think differently involves effort. Still tho' - seems like a great option for BDD. Dont like that i always want to die or make myself sick when ive put on a fraction of a pound! Anxiety - i can just about cope with, but the way i look is whats making me so anxious so i really should work on that first! Did you use any books or anything?

im just usiing the homework i got from anixety management, i looked up the website which was wrote on the notes and they have cbt for a lot of psychological issues, self esteem, GAD, social anxiety, depression etc etc. im currently doing cbt for self esteem. ( sayin that tho, all the cbt basically works the same, challenging your thinking and behaviour). i would recommend you do the self esteem module if you have your anxiety under control. low self esteem > social anxiety > avoidence. heres the link for the package.

http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=47

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:03 am

Thank you!!! i was thinking of buyin' CBT For Dummies, but i dunno would it be as effective as somethin specifically tailored for BDD. I still have the stuff i had from the Mater for anxiety like but i dunno if itll be as affective either!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Driving makes me happy - I miss my car so much when I am away fro college!

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:56 am

x_No_Oil_Painting_x wrote:Thank you!!! i was thinking of buyin' CBT For Dummies, but i dunno would it be as effective as somethin specifically tailored for BDD. I still have the stuff i had from the Mater for anxiety like but i dunno if itll be as affective either!

the self esteem workbook on that link i gave you will do Wink explains about self esteem, hows it develops, how its maintained then it goes into tackling the problem using thought diaries ie...... biased expectations and negative self evaluations. you tackle the problem in the here and now, then further on in the workbook you ll focus on negative core beliefs and how to develop more balanced core beliefs. basically you ll be unlearning all the bad conclusions you came to over the yrs which keep your low self maintained and replacing them with more realistic core beliefs.

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3