Social Phobia Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» How Are You Feeling?
Alcohol and SA EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Facebook Group For Social Phobia Ireland
Alcohol and SA EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:14 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» any advice ?
Alcohol and SA EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 am by padmasana

» Hello from a culshie living in Dublin!!!!!!
Alcohol and SA EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 am by padmasana

» keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......
Alcohol and SA EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am by Guest

» Any plans for the summer/holiday etc.???
Alcohol and SA EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 am by Hello23

» your favourite novels/literature.
Alcohol and SA EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm by Guest

» St John's wort
Alcohol and SA EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Merry Christmas
Alcohol and SA EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am by Hello23

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 132 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:57 am

Alcohol and SA

2 posters

Go down

Alcohol and SA Empty Alcohol and SA

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:34 pm

So i'm suffering after a big night drinking - but my question is: do you use alcohol to overcome SA at social events??

And what does it do to you the next day (i.e. does it makes you more depressed?)

Back to top Go down

Alcohol and SA Empty Re: Alcohol and SA

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:35 pm

I'll be honest and say right now i am dying. Mentally as well. The flash backs of talking to people are mortifying, but compared to last year - i don't really care anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:45 pm

I know it is not what you asked - but for me I am afraid to drink alcohol as I am afraid I will become to open with people and then think back and be mortified, it's like I have to protect myself, I don't like the idea of not being in control of what I am doing!

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:41 am

jhanniffy wrote:I know it is not what you asked - but for me I am afraid to drink alcohol as I am afraid I will become to open with people and then think back and be mortified, it's like I have to protect myself, I don't like the idea of not being in control of what I am doing!

haha..... thats funny u should say that, im the exact same. when i go out, i dont allow myself to get seriously drunk, cause i could do anything. its not like i set out not to get pissed , i think its some sub conscious thing. i dislike not having control over what i do!!

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:36 am

padmasana wrote:
jhanniffy wrote:I know it is not what you asked - but for me I am afraid to drink alcohol as I am afraid I will become to open with people and then think back and be mortified, it's like I have to protect myself, I don't like the idea of not being in control of what I am doing!

haha..... thats funny u should say that, im the exact same. when i go out, i dont allow myself to get seriously drunk, cause i could do anything. its not like i set out not to get pissed , i think its some sub conscious thing. i dislike not having control over what i do!!

Ya i'm the same, i like keeping in control. Unfortunately when i've had a few, i think i'm able to hold a couple more drinks, so i drink faster and more careless.

I'm fairly petite, so it should occur to me that i can't keep up the pace to a guy, yet i seem to drink alot for my size.

The worst is the blackouts i get - i could forget where i was/what i did for hours on end, which is quite dangerous imo.

I think once i hit 30 i'll be in a nun-nery anyway, so i won't have to worry about it then Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:00 am

Ya i'm officially giving it up, heard some cringe stories about me at work today, from Saturday night.

I Passed out in the smoking area and had to get carried to a taxi. Also kissed someone i shouldn't - sounds like i'm a right basket case. People coming up to me that i thought didnt go, telling me that i was chatting to them for ages.

Absolutely mortifying, i barely looked at anyone today, and some guy i work with seen it all.

He Had a big smug face on him all evening, i even asked him not to go round telling stories. He said he wouldnt but i know he's told the lads.

I wanted the ground to swallow me up, never so embarrassed.

Who would have thought that 8 jagerbombs in one hour would do damage to my credibility?? Embarassed

But seriously, i'm packing up drinking when out, and see how i get on. The depression and embarrassment is not worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:51 pm

8 jagerbombs in a hour ?? haha. yea.......... that wood defo do the trick. drink is an awful thing tho, every sun i give it up too but it only lasts til thurs Razz . anyways..... dont beat urself up about it. we all have messy nites.

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:11 am

Ya i know - i wouldnt mind but it was a work function - and i know i shouldnt be going over board at those events, i still have to work with those people like.

If it was just me and my mates on a night out, it would have been grand (well not grand but not as embarrassing like)

Anyhu its Tuesday - i'm gonna try and make it into the canteen today - i have met most of the people anyways. Just one or 2 people i'm trying to dodge, haha. :opps:

Oh and my bloody sister told my mam i got into a taxi on my own after drinking too many shots - she's only 10 and yet still managed to eavesdrop on my convos!! Mum wasnt impressed to say the least, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:29 am

ah sure its done now, theres no point on dwelling on it. it will be forgotten about about a while, it was just a drunken nite.
sucks your mum found out tho, hahaha !! did u get a lecture from her?

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:35 am

Haha, not really, my mum is sound. I didnt go into much detail for her about that night, haha.

She was just annoyed i got a taxi home alone in my state, but sure its better than walking home!

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSARecovery Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:53 am

Ya for me it make it easier to a point, when i have a few beers i can get very chatty and thats good but not being out often i get well . . excited ha! and i do be so sorry in the morning thinking back over people i was talking to and stuff, so i try stick to a few beers and stay in a merry state ha Rolling Eyes
TheSARecovery
TheSARecovery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum