Social Phobia Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» How Are You Feeling?
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Facebook Group For Social Phobia Ireland
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:14 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» any advice ?
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 am by padmasana

» Hello from a culshie living in Dublin!!!!!!
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 am by padmasana

» keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am by Guest

» Any plans for the summer/holiday etc.???
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 am by Hello23

» your favourite novels/literature.
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm by Guest

» St John's wort
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Merry Christmas
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am by Hello23

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 132 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:57 am

Dublin Meet-up in May! Who's coming???

+2
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
Dub16
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 Empty Dublin Meet-up in May! Who's coming???

Post by Dub16 Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Alright lads and lassies,

I was thinking that the 15th or 22nd of May would work? Dublin City Centre.

If anyone has a preference between the 2 dates then please say. If BOTH of them are cool, then say as much.

With a bit of luck it might even have stopped snowing for ten consecutive days by then! Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

So if the weather is nice maybe we can sit outside in a quiet beer-garden or park. Whichever suits.

If the weather sucks then I will suggest up a few quiet pubs and go with one of them, just so that people can get tea/coffee/Guinness/sandwiches! (see the way I slipped the word Guinness in there!)

A lot of you will be traveling from the country which aint cheap so I'll be more than happy to get yee all a load of drinks and stuff for the evening.

It should be great craic and also a chance to make/consolidate some good friendships so I hope you'll all come along.

Tis also a good chance to see myself and Hello22 smoking cigarettes upside-down and we'll finally find out if da dude (johhnny) really does prefer coffee to beer! Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 Icon_eek

PS, If any of you are on SPW then PM Alchemy and tell him about this meet-up. I've lost his number for the 3rd bloody time (I aint very good with phones)

I'm gonna shut up now coz this is turning into an essay. I hope you'll all come, should be a fun day! (and night if theres a few drinks flowing) Smile
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dublin Meet-up in May! Who's coming???

Post by shelley Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:28 am

Ahh go on Robbie & Catherine. I'm in my early 30's, nothing to be shamed of. We can party just as good as the 20's. We all have something common to talk and rave about.

You know u want to!
shelley
shelley

Back to top Go down

Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dublin Meet-up in May! Who's coming???

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:56 am

i understand you catherine, thanks dub16 and shelley,id like to go,i dont go out much and mix with people because of my SA,would be good to be around people that understands you and what its like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:13 am

Thanks! But really what's holding me back is that I haven't got the guts. I don't go out much either.

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:50 am

ah catherine you really should....i think the point is most of us wouldn't have the guts to do this usually Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 Icon_surprised

i think my visit will be a flying one as im working that day and the next and ill only end up on the beer and seeing as its a new job I need to be good. (starting monday btw.....reeeeeally nervous!)
jan
jan

Back to top Go down

Post by shelley Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:25 am

I trust dub16 to find an appropriate pub for us. That will make it easier for all of us to meet up. It can be arranged to meet anyone outside the pub if required. I'm on the northside and will probably travel by dart if anyone wants to join me along the way.
shelley
shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 pm

hope all goes well for you jan in your new job,can be really scarey starting a new 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:39 pm

i have to go to dublin on tuesday for an apointment in st james hospital,it takes about 2 hours from monaghan to get to dublin so its not so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:07 pm

shelley wrote:I trust dub16.

In fairness now Shelley, the entire nation held its breath when you typed those words! Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Only a loooonatic would trust Dub16. Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Actually, i was thinking maybe it might be nice if a northsider chose the pub. So its up to you?

As for the age-limit mentioned in previous posts...

Well, I've already said my bit. And I would never want anyone to feel pressured into any situation.
Make your own decisions. But in my humble experience, if we are all gonna be brave and meet each other, then you should all be brave and meet us.
What have you got to lose?

It'll be a good day
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by shelley Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:05 am

U know I wish I could but I've only been in dublin for last 4 months. I did work in Bray many years ago and the porterhouse was my local haunt. I frequented Fibbers when I was in the mood for some music so I'd say that I wouldn't be the best person to choose a venue.

C what u come up with!
shelley
shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by shelley Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:23 am

Hey Dub16,

U could compile a list of venues and I could check them out if you want.
Would everyone be happy with an old mans pub if the atmosphere would suit? All we need is a starting base so that we can get to know and be comfortable with each other.
shelley
shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:06 am

could i suggest grogans or the likes? comfy old man type bar but full of all age groups and may suit everyone?
jan
jan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:45 am

Yeah an Old-mans type pub makes sense. Just because they won't be so packed. So its a good meeting point/starting point.

Grogans is sound with me. Cant remember the last time I was in there but it's the right type of place alright.
Bankers is another old mans pub (across from O'Neills) but again, I havent been in there in yonks.

Any of those kinda pubs are fine. Will we roll with Grogans?
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 am

Ya, i'm happy with whatever ye suggest, i havent a clue about Dub pubs so i'm going in with me eyes closed! But if ye're happy so am i.
I know i'm going off the point here, but Shelley you mentioned you were in Bray for a while and frequented the Porterhouse - i was living in Bray this time last year and i loved the Porterhouse! Absolutely fond memories of that place. But i must admit the Martello Bar was my favourite, its a trendy little spot, and it was so compact - twas wonderful, i never had to walk that far! And of course they had the Barbeques outside in the smoking area whenever you felt like a burger, (i found this such a novelty), lol. See we already have something in common!

Back to top Go down

Post by shelley Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:52 am

Jasus, it hasn't changed so. I was in Bray 7yrs ago, first proper job after college. There was a young crowd of us where I worked so we had alot of craic down in the Porterhouse, doyles & martello. Yeah the sunny evenings were great down there.

Yeah Grogans sounds great. Where is it exactly?
shelley
shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:30 am

on south william st shelly, just across from powerscourt centre's entrance with the steps. there is a porterhouse in town aswell, just past temple bar so we could throw that into the mix too....
jan
jan

Back to top Go down

Post by shelley Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:17 am

Thanks Jan.
I checked out the website and its very central. Yeah i was in it once, great idea! Now the suggestions are flowing.
shelley
shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Have you guys planned on meeting on the 15th or 22nd?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Tue May 04, 2010 5:38 pm

^^ The 22nd Janette. Are you able to come?

By the way, I popped into Grogans on Saturday at about 4pm and it was completely packed to the rafters.
But it might have been because of the Rugby?
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 3:51 am

Not sure yet Gary, most of you guys are a lot older than me - But I am thinking about!

Back to top Go down

Post by x_No_Oil_Painting_x Wed May 05, 2010 4:16 am

Hey Janette I'll be 22 so dont worry about that!!!
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
God

https://www.facebook.com/ciunasbotharcailinbainne

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Fri May 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Right, this is next Saturday, the 22nd...

So I just thought I'd post up a wee reminder in case any of yee had forgotten or had a better offer (as if thats possible like!! Smile )

Anyway, please just briefly stick yer name doon here if you intend to join us. Also please say what time suits you best. I'll run with the most popular kick-off time
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Fri May 14, 2010 10:50 pm

I'm in (in case there was any doubt)

2pm would suit me (although any time is fine really)
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by shelley Sat May 15, 2010 3:43 am

Hey Im back!
I'm up for it. 2pm is fine.
shelley
shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Sat May 15, 2010 3:56 am

Cool, dont forget to put a big sticker on yer forehead with yer username on it!!!

Smile
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 15, 2010 9:08 am

I'll not be there, I'm working Sunday morning!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next