Social Phobia Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» How Are You Feeling?
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:11 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Facebook Group For Social Phobia Ireland
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:14 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» any advice ?
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 am by padmasana

» Hello from a culshie living in Dublin!!!!!!
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 am by padmasana

» keeping fit. running, walking, yoga......
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:29 am by Guest

» Any plans for the summer/holiday etc.???
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 am by Hello23

» your favourite novels/literature.
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm by Guest

» St John's wort
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 am by x_No_Oil_Painting_x

» Merry Christmas
Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am by Hello23

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 132 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:57 am

Dublin Meet-up in May! Who's coming???

+2
x_No_Oil_Painting_x
Dub16
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 Empty Dublin Meet-up in May! Who's coming???

Post by Dub16 Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Alright lads and lassies,

I was thinking that the 15th or 22nd of May would work? Dublin City Centre.

If anyone has a preference between the 2 dates then please say. If BOTH of them are cool, then say as much.

With a bit of luck it might even have stopped snowing for ten consecutive days by then! Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

So if the weather is nice maybe we can sit outside in a quiet beer-garden or park. Whichever suits.

If the weather sucks then I will suggest up a few quiet pubs and go with one of them, just so that people can get tea/coffee/Guinness/sandwiches! (see the way I slipped the word Guinness in there!)

A lot of you will be traveling from the country which aint cheap so I'll be more than happy to get yee all a load of drinks and stuff for the evening.

It should be great craic and also a chance to make/consolidate some good friendships so I hope you'll all come along.

Tis also a good chance to see myself and Hello22 smoking cigarettes upside-down and we'll finally find out if da dude (johhnny) really does prefer coffee to beer! Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 Icon_eek

PS, If any of you are on SPW then PM Alchemy and tell him about this meet-up. I've lost his number for the 3rd bloody time (I aint very good with phones)

I'm gonna shut up now coz this is turning into an essay. I hope you'll all come, should be a fun day! (and night if theres a few drinks flowing) Smile
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Dublin Meet-up in May! Who's coming???

Post by Dub16 Sun May 16, 2010 3:05 am

Charlene just asked me to put her name down, so we've three definites so far....
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Dublin Meet-up in May! Who's coming???

Post by Guest Sun May 16, 2010 4:57 am

Put me down too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Mon May 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Right, that's Myself, Hello22, Shelly and Charlene so far....

.... keep em coming folks!
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Wed May 19, 2010 9:34 am

let me know where ye are going and i will swing by after work and see if ye are still there!
jan
jan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Wed May 19, 2010 5:31 pm

^^ Hey Jan, it's Grogans. Knowing us bunch of dipso's theres a chance we'll be still there alright. Smile
What time do you finish work at? And do you want my mobile number in case we have moved to another pub on the day... ?
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Fri May 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Are we all set for tomorrow everyone?

I know we said 2pm, but it might be 2.30pm by the time I get there... (fashionably late! haha)

Right, well Charlene and Christina already have my mobile number, I'm gonna PM Jan and Shelley now just so that they have my number too, and Charlene was sayng that Ciaran might be able to make it too....

If anybody else intends on coming along then see yee there at 2 or 2.30pm in Grogans.
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciaran Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 am

I think I'll risk coming in,do one thing every day that scares ya and all that type of thing!
Ciaran
Ciaran

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Sat May 22, 2010 1:16 am

Ciaran wrote:I think I'll risk coming in,do one thing every day that scares ya and all that type of thing!

Wohoo! Good man Ciaran, thats the spirit mate. Sure we'll have a few pints and a natter (about Liverpool) Wink

See ya at 2.00pm or 2.30pm in Grogans (might be 2.30pm fer me)

Do you want me to PM ya my number or have you got Charlenes? (just to play safe like)
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 23, 2010 3:16 am

hopefully the meet-up went well Smile i hope some of you who went will give some feedback on how you got on there. like did you feel any anxiety? were you able to act yourselves? etc

Back to top Go down

Post by padmasana Mon May 24, 2010 1:10 am

how did ye all get on ??? Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 218713

padmasana

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Mon May 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Ah it was brilliant fun. Had some great laughs. A big thanks to all of yee who came along, and hopefully we'll have another one soon and get to meet some more of yee.

I'd say it was the most light-hearted SA meet-up in history. Just laughing and mucking about and it was a total blast. Really enjoyable.

@Sundaygirl, just about your question above... Well I cant speak for the others but I didnt really feel anxious at all after the first hour. And if the others were anxious then it definitely wasnt obvious at all. I dunno whether its just easier to talk to other folk who have SA, but everyone seemed pretty relaxed to me!
To be honest i thought it would be terrifying but after we got talkin it was fine.... And it was so cool to have such a nice bunch of people there. Every one of them was completely sound.
(apart from whichever one of them left the half-eaten cadburys creme egg in my ashtray) Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin Dublin Meet-up in May!  Who's coming??? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by shelley Tue May 25, 2010 6:43 am

I had a great time, we are all so easygoing. Dub16 looked after us really well and even bought us on nature walks! I felt totally at ease in this crowd. Yeah it would be cool to meet again and maybe more could join next time.
shelley
shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 25, 2010 11:32 am

Ah ya it was such a brill meetup, everyone was real friendly and sound. I was very relaxed around everyone tbh, i thought i'd be, well, anxious!

And i learnt that i am very good at poker (including trampling on the game at my own leisure, haha!)

^ Gary, we all know it was you who left the half eaten creme egg in the ashtray, tut tut! tongue Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:05 pm

We should do another one of these some time. Its about time for the sequel!
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by shelley Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:12 am

Yeah I'm there. Last time was cool.
shelley
shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:54 pm

Sweet! Smile

Well, hopefully this one will be as good as the last. Twas great craic.

If anyone else is interested too then throw yer names down here.
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:31 am

meeeee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dub16 Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:02 am

Just 3 names so far? If we even got one or two more then we could start makin plans etc...

I'll start a new thread and see if it gets a wee bit of feed-back
Dub16
Dub16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3